Sunny Salzburg


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
August 20th 2011
Published: July 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

The sun shone through our curtains to start the day. A tasty breakfast was followed by a steep hike up to Salzburg fortress. The heat made the walk tough but we made it to the top. We took a seat to regain some energy and happened to get chatting to an old British couple for a good half hour. Its amazing the stories people have and just how friendly people can be.

A look inside the fortress was next and there were plenty of exhibits and artifacts to see,most of which had been found in the Castle itself. We then hopped on the Funicular railway back down the hill. We stopped at a small cafe for some lunch then walked around the city.

Outside a dainty square was a statue of Mozart with a band in front playing some of his tunes. A very cultural city with many street performers,museums and beautiful gardens.

After a look around we headed to our hotel to get ready for the evening. We had bumped into an American women earlier in the day and she had invited us to a Opera that was taking place that evening. The students had came over from America to put on a performance. They were very talented and the singing was fantastic, although we were slightly lost with the story line as it was in German! We had an Italian meal for our dinner then returned to our hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb