If it is hot when you are in Salzburg, go to Hellbrum


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
July 9th 2010
Published: July 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cathy and I meet for breakfast where we planned out our day. We were first going to go to Hellbrum and the trick fountains then go and watch a marinette show of the sound of music. We catch the #25 tram to Hellbrum, I did not know exactly what we were going to see here but a guy Cathy meet on a train somewhere said it was a for sure thing to do when in Salzburg. We bought our tickets and waited for the tour began. Our first tour was through the trick fountains where at the beginning we all sat in this outside autotorium in from of this stone table with stone chairs all around it. The guide asked for volunteers to come and sit at the table which pretty all the kids that were there jumped up right away. The table was for dinner parties that the bishop would put on. When he grew tired of his guest or disliked them he had the water turned on and it came spraying out of holes that were in the chairs as well as behind them, so they got soaked from all directions. They had it set up that everyone got wet except the bishop. All the kids screamed when it happened and some cried lol. The whole court yard was full of trick fountains and you never knew where was a safe place to stand which I didn't care because it was so hot out that it felt wonderful.

After the tour was over we wandered out the garden where we found the pavilion they used in the Sound of Music, Cathy was delighted because she grew up watching that movie. We went through the Hellbrum house which was interesting not not overly exciting to me. We had lunch on the grounds which I had a turkey schnitzel which was very good.

Next we walked up to a museum that was on top of a hill and had a great view of the grounds as well as Salzburg and the castle. The museum was neat but it was more entertaining to Cathy since she is a art teacher. We went on to a small walk that lead to a stone theatre which would have been amazing to see a play being done there.

That evening we went to The Sound of Music marionette style. They did an amazing job very impressed at how they do with so many character and having to cramp that many people behind the stage.




Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



17th July 2010

Water..
Haha.. We should install the trick water fountains at our place for our guests.. (Especially for when Bryan came over because that guy never left)..

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb