Ama's Day Tour Program - Something for Everyone!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Lower Austria » Durnstein
April 16th 2012
Published: April 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Something I really, really like about cruising with Ama Waterways is how they conduct their tours. Every stop along the way will have amazing things to see and Ama's tours are designed to offer differing types of guests, different ways to tour.

Ama includes the majority of their tours in the price of your cruise, although they do have a few optional tours to choose from. A general sightseeing tour is provided in every city you stop in and Ama has developed 3 different programs (for most of their stops) which allow you to choose between the normal pace tours which show you everything, a faster option for those that want the highlights but would like more time to explore on their own, and the slower paced tours for those with mobility issues or who simply want to take it easier.

When you enter your stateroom on the first day, you will notice headsets in the corner. These are for your use on all your tours to ensure that you hear every word without having to crowd in next to the tour guide or run to keep pace.

There are 40 bikes on board and some of the
Ama BikersAma BikersAma Bikers

Folks from our cruise biked ahead of us and stood on the bridge to wave as we arrived in Melk.
cities have organized bike tours with guides. In select cities, there is even a Late Riser option for those who want to sleep in a bit, but still see the major highlights that a port has to offer.

Each morning, you can choose which group you would like to be in. It is so relaxed and there is more than enough room for people on all the tours.

The optional tours Ama provides are designed to take your journey to the next level. Here is a list of the optional tours which are available:

AUSTRIA

Klimt's 150th Birthday €34.00
Mozart & Strauss Concert in Vienna €70.00
Full-day excursion to Salzburg €70.00
Schönbrunn Palace €40.00Cesky Krumlov €70.00

GERMANY
Half-day Rothenburg €58.00Weltenburg Danube Gorge (seasonal) €55.00

CZECH REPUBLIC
Half-day excursion to Terezin €45.00
Folklore Dinner Show €56.00Dinner Cruise €68.00

Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb