Five, six, seven


Advertisement
Andorra's flag
Europe » Andorra » Canillo
July 31st 2022
Published: July 31st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Day five
Ricky the rooster did his best to get us up early but we stayed strong! Eventually though it was time to get up and as we say outside watching the storms get closer, Seth and his friend built a lizard house and many Lego things. The heavens opened Thursday with some pretty interesting storms so we decided to go to Foix Castle. A bit of traffic held us up but we found a parking space and looked up..... The castle was very high. We were very low. My exercise averse self questioned the wisdom of our plans but up we went. And up and up, eventually reaching the castle.
I'm sure tenth century castle dwellers didn't wear pumps, each cobble felt like a red hot poker but we made it up. The views were worth the cobbled feet and the thousand years of history pottery awesome. I also spent a good fifteen minutes today during waiting on a stone latrine, much to the amusement of some passing french families, one of whom took a photo! The walk back down was significantly better then the one up and we headed back to the car with a during in our step!.
Another trip to the supermarket followed and my search for ovo delights continued to no avail ?. Ash managed not to buy the entire contents of the electronic concession and I may have bought chocolate...... The evening bought pizza and tea on the patio, flies to the kitchen and wasps to spoil the party!

Day six. Today was a very late morning and a very busy afternoon. Dodging the wasps over breakfast and lunch we enjoyed the sunshine before heading out for a swim, the best view of any pool ever even if not the warmest. The wasps tried to swim with us several times. I think they want me as one of their own..... And Seth proved he had a lot of confidence in the water. Next up was crazy golf which took longer than it probably should, balls were flying, several ended up in the water feature and Seth had a fair few sit downs on the course, I think it's safe to say golf is not my forte though we did at least have a fairly well balanced team.....

It being Saturday we headed into town for tea. Town (ax Les therme) was banging, literally! Crazy hippy dudes, singers dotted all over and, by the restaurant we chose, a band literally just shouting while everyone threw cardboard....... Once again we had a bit of wasp dodging including the murder wasps, seemingly twenty times bigger with fangs (almost......) But the food was decent and the company great. Seth made friends with a little french girl (who he later covered in water at the springs) and became more than a little obsessed with the newsagent cat.

Day seven. Ash has a mission to buy crazy alcohol each year and where better then Andorra. Today we headed off relatively early and headed west (ISH) the weather was stunning, the views outstanding and the border unmanned! We made our way to Canillo to get a cable car to a mountain restaurant and games thing. Sadly the games thing had gone up so much in price that we just took the gondola up. Scarliy so (why do they wobble so much) especially as Seth pointed out each minute how high we were and how far away the groups was. Safely at the top, we recreated yet more past pictures this time wearing kids meal boxes and playing on slides! we are, Seth and ash played and we just took in the marvelous views. Back down, we found the car and headed back for cheap fuel, giant fake fibre glass animals and cheap crazy alcohol. We were sadly disappointed by one of those. The fuel was cheap ( by comparison) the alcohol bonkers but the huge shop of crazy life size animals had only a few (and a giant Seth sized tomato, all was not lost I guess) and is 'transitioning' to a CBD shop. Slightly deflated we went to the 'literally everything else' shop and were immediately buoyed by the made from straw penis shaped bottle openers they were selling..... There aren't many shops in the world where you leave having bought two giant bags of crisps, three unbranded spirits with foliage on the labels, a penis shaped straw bottle opener and a giant lollipop.
We headed back home stopping on Ax for a quick paddle in the (boiling) hot springs before heading home to pack, video and have one last BBQ with our friends before we all leave in the morning.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb