Day 15


Advertisement
Albania's flag
Europe » Albania
July 22nd 2015
Published: July 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

We woke up in our beach chairs by the sun and Albanian tourists going for an early swim. After a little swim of our own and a breakfast we started hitchhiking again. Within 15 minutes we were on our way again, in the direction of Sarandë. We were picked up by a friendly business man setting up a little beach place near Sarandë and he was on his way to make sure his beach chairs were delivered correctly. He drove us first to a deserted place where he had a meeting with the chair suppliers and after a few minutes of shouting and cursing we were on the way again. (The suppliers messed up the order and caused a lot of delay). We had a nice drive through the mountain roads of Albania and we decided to take it easy and go with him to his beach club house. Once there we offered to help unload the beach chairs to the beach and were very happy to finally be able to do something in return for a ride. We had a nice rest at the beach, we took a swim and cooked our food and the guy even offered us to drive us to the vilage to begin hitchhiking to Sarandë.

There was not much traffic coming through the village at all, but despite that we were able to catch a ride to Sarandë within an hour. We were taken by two Italian people (again Italians were by far the most friendly during our trip). They drove us to a nice bar where we could use the computer to search for the best way to get out of Albania. Because it was already late we soon gave up hope of getting out of there on that day so we started to walk around in search of a place to sleep. We soon realized that we were kind of stuck in the middle of a big city and finding a comfortable place for a tent would be challenging. We spent our last Albanian money on food and didn´t feel like figuring out the chaotic public transportation at that hour. We decided to do what we had done the night before, sleep on the beach. Unfortunately Serandë was a much more crowded place with lots of nightlife activities and we knew it was not going to be a very restful night. The good thing was that at least the atmosphere was not like that of Durrës or Tirane, but more of a richer touristical nightclub area. We stayed there on the beach in our sleeping bags and it felt quite safe when we lay close together, but we didn´t count on a good nights sleep in that area full with drunken (Albanian) tourists.



Thijs


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb