Day 20 - Innsbruck to Venice


Advertisement
Albania's flag
Europe » Albania
August 16th 2011
Published: August 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bags to coach was at 7:20am so early get up. Today we were driving from Innsbruck to Venice, Italy. We stopped off about 3hours into the driving at a roadside stop for an early lunch as after that we got to the mainland Pport at about 1:00pm for our boat across to old town Venice. The boat road was only about 30minutes.
When we arrived at the absolutely stunning Venice old town we made our way past the Bridge of Sighs (which unfortunately is being restored at the moment) and in to Piazza San Marco. Here we met up with our sound man, who fitted us with headsets for our walking tour of Venice. A few minutes later our tour guide arrived. She was the best tour guide I've had for anything. She was French and married to a Venetian man and knew the area like the back of her hand but also was very funny. The walking tour went for about an hour in the blistering heat. We walked though all the little alleyways and past a few places of interest before we finished up at the Ponte of Rialto. This bridge is amazing. Very cool. One place she did take us briefly was in to this art exhibition they currently hadve there which showed a mural of a man but when you looked closer it was about a million hand painted wooden eggs. Very cool.
After the tour we had free time so we walked around going in and out of shops, taking about a thousand photos (not really, but close) and generally getting a good feel for the city. We'd were drpping a few Italian words to get in the mood too.
At 5:20pm we met up again with most of the rest of the group to head for our gondala ride. There was 6 in each gondala so in our was myself, Mary, Chris and Jim (from Melbourne), Courtney (Horsham) and Helen (Geelong). We cruised though the canals for about 30minutes sipping on sparkling wine before getting dropped back at the starting point. It really was lovely, the views were amazing and having good company was nice.
After the gondala ride we made our way back to Piazza San Marco where we were meeting up again for an organised dinner.
The dinner was huge. They just kept bringing our food. First was a plate of like ham, salami and procuitto. Then came a plate of veggies like carrots, eggplant etc. Then came a plate of seafood including calamari, prawns and anchovies all battered and deep fried. Then came four different plates of pasta; gnocci, carbonara, risotto and pesto penne. And lastly icecream. There was soo much food that we were all stuffed to pussys bow. Good though.
After dinner we walked slowly back to catch our boat. On the way stopping to take photos of the sunset and with Venice Police.
We jumped back on the boat for a quick ridee back to the port then on the bus fr 30minutes before we arrived at the hotel at about 10:00pm, a very late check-in.
Nothing much was going on as we'd had a very long day and there was nothing to do where the hotel was anyway.
We scrubbed our feet and chilled for hitting the hay at about 12:30am.

Advertisement



29th August 2011

Pussys bow?! WTF?!?! lol

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb