Albania 2018. Day 10. Himare


Advertisement
Albania's flag
Europe » Albania
May 27th 2018
Published: May 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Albania Day 10 Samande to Himare

Today out to a bright, cloudless sky and hot for an 8.45 start back over the hill out of town and left turn at the big roundabout where resurfacing is going on. Wet tar is all over the road and we had to go the wrong way around. The climb now starts with the hills on our left with a wide valley floor to our right looking green and the higher we go we find vast expanses of olive trees until we reached the coffee stop at Shen Vasil. A village with square around a small cross on a very tiny religious building. At the side a memorial to village freedom fighters, of Italian and German occupation during 2nd World War. Also we saw the old men sat under a big shady tree chewing over old times. Today involved many more up and downs making it a tough day and hot at just over 30 degrees. We saw several touring cyclists going south with far too much gear on board and having to walk up hill- poor devils. The ride north along this very picturesque coast ended at our lunch stop at Himare, where we bumped into the other cycling group of 20 being run by Armand’s brother. They are more leisure cyclists and are being taken up any hills of consequence to ride down them. Lynda struggled to unclip this morning and hurt her elbow and wrist so she joined us in the van. My hip felt a little better at lunch time so got on my bike again, with the help of a high kerb, and rode about 5km through the village and back including a couple of short steep hills. I am now hoping to rejoin the group and ride some of tomorrow’s less arduous bits and get back to fitness soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement


Rear of our hotel.Rear of our hotel.
Rear of our hotel.

Hot water tanks and solar panels in place.


13th January 2021
Old village guys.

Thank you for your photos
Hi, herzlichen Dank für ihre Fotos. Ich komme aus Albanien, aus Shen Vasil. Auf diese Foto ist mein Papa und es hat mich sehr gefreuet. Alles Gute und beste Grüße Loreta

Tot: 0.455s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb