Albania Summary


Advertisement
Albania's flag
Europe » Albania » North » Shkodër
May 25th 2006
Published: June 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Albania was just amazing! God really did some amazing things the week we were in Albania. And this is the first year Jesus Revolution has toured in Albania. We started off with a couple of days off in Shkroda and had some fun at the lake where almost everyone but me got burned. This city also has a mosque that is said to have been built by Bin Laden.

Then we had our first concert in Fiere. It was with a pastor who had never heard of Jesus Revolution so he was a little skeptical and didn't book a big venue so we had to do the conerts without all of our speakers and lights but God moved. Everyone there was really touched and the pastor said we passed the test and he would definately invite JR back next year for a bigger concert.

Our second concert was in Corse where 14 churches worked together. The concert was held in a sports arena and around 1200 people were in attendance and around 150 came forward to receive Jesus &/or prayer. On the drive there we were able to see Greece in the distance. Truly so close yet so far away.

Our next concert was in the capital city of Tirana. The concert was held in the national museum right in the middle of the city. Many people came from different churches and in response to a radio announcement.

The next concert was in Lac in a culture house. It was filled completely with people even standing. Some left during the concert but of the ones left over 1/2 came forward for the altar call. It really felt like a battle the whole evening. Everyone was so loud that during one of the songs we could barely hear the music to start. It felt more like a rock concert!

Our last concert in Albania was back in Shkroda in a sports hall. Then we had another day off at the lake again and yes my team managed to get burned again! They never learn.

Observations about Albania:
- there are many many cute cafes even in the middle of nowhere
- crazy traffic (I even drove once which was very scary), lots of honking, people just randomly walking in the middle of traffic, some people choose to follow lights and others don't, even some of the major roads have holes
- lots of homeless kids - I was told the government doesn't have that major of a concern for them and that NGOs try to help but some have bad motives and just sell the kids in other nations for organs or even use them to beg for $
-there is amazingly beautiful nature! Mountains, lakes, sheep & cows on the side of the road, and people selling cherries, lots of olive trees
- all the vegetables and fruit were very good
- it was much poorer than any other nation we've been to so far (or at least what we saw)
and there was lots of trash on the ground
- there were many cool looking houses and buildings all different colors

I have pictures but I don't have the ability to post them right now but someday....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb