Monteverde Madness


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well Monteverde has been one of our best stops on the trip. We casually started off the day with zip lining through a cloud forest which had the longest zip line in Central America and a Tarzan swing which had Annie's heart in her mouth and Scott making a sound he's never made before. It was all exciting, scary, jaw-clenching and heart racing.

We balanced this adrenaline rush out with a relaxing stroll around the floor of the rain forest and spotted a quetzal which is the national bird of Guatemala and an emerald toucan. There were also amazing humming birds and a strange looking bird called a bell bird which looked like a coconut. There was also a tarantula and a small blind snake which looked more like a worm.

After a relaxing afternoon we had a family dinner in a family run restaurant where the food was amazing. But what was better was that the owner brewed his own rum and had put a complimentary gallon on the table for us all. After a few shots of that we headed to a salsa bar which played salsa music non stop. But there were some pretty impressive salsa moves going on.

Tomorrow morning we travel to La Fortuna which is going to be warm again so back in shorts and flip flops thankfully!

Less than a week until we're home now familias y amigos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



8th August 2015

Rum & Salsa
Now I would av loved that ! Not sure about Scotty's tribal dance though xx

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb