Pura Vida in Costa Rica!


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

San Jose
We started in the capital city so we could meet Ellie from her flight into central America. We used our time before she arrived to see Hangover 2 (Spanish title is 'Que pasa ayer?' trans: What happened yesterday?) at the cinema. It was fun to watch with the locals as they became very vocal and immersed, reacting to the film throughout.

Knowing Ellie had travelled a long time and was dealing with a 7 hour time difference we kept the first few days very chilled out. We wondered the local parks and enjoyed an nice evening meal out.

Tamarindo
From San Jose we moved onto the costal town Tamarindo. On our first evening we met English girl, Nim who is now joining us for the rest of our time in central America. We spent a day on the beach, enjoying the hot climate. We spent the evening playing drinking games and chatting away.

The following day we signed up to a 2 hour surf lesson. It was brilliant! The waves were ideal for us beginners and we all made it to standing by the end of the lesson. There were times we were thrown about and holding onto our boards for dear life but was always humorous looking at each other in the aftermath. I was chuffed with myself as by the end I was able to stand without fail and stay standing until the end of the wave. Hopefully I'll be able take another lesson at some point to learn more, for example when to go (without being told) and go along the wave instead of just straight towards the beach. 

Next day we moved onto Nicaragua. 



Sent from my iPod

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb