Sailing towards the Equator


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
January 15th 2006
Published: January 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Donna on our balconyDonna on our balconyDonna on our balcony

My favorite spot for breakfast. I just woke up!
Our weather has been cloudy as we approach the equator. It’s warm and humid too. This morning, it was breakfast at my favorite place…our balcony. Dressed in our Radisson bathrobes, we drank our coffee as we sat in deck chairs with our feet propped up on the railing. Large schools of flying fish skittered across the water’s surface providing our entertainment. Ah, rest and relaxation at last!

Alan will be spending his time inside today. Yesterday, he was thrilled to find a secluded lounge chair for reading and napping. He thought he was protected from the sun so he left off his sunscreen. When he looked in the mirror yesterday afternoon, the red-lobster reflection surprised him. No sun for him today or probably tomorrow.

Radisson keeps passengers busy with lectures, games, contests and other entertainment. This morning, my decision was to attend a lecture by a naturopath about why I shouldn’t drink milk or go to the lecture on black pearls to qualify for the free necklace drawing. Bet you can guess what I did. Along with most of the other women on the ship, I learned about black pearls. Sorry to say, I did not win the free necklace. This afternoon, a nap is on my agenda. Need to rest up for the “Shaken, Not Stirred,” Martini Night Club party at 10pm. Will we stay awake and party hardy? Tune in tomorrow! Oh, and a gentleman on the ship has invited all the other passengers to his “feeling good” cocktail party before this evening’s dinner. He’s happy to be “feeling good” and wants to celebrate.


Advertisement



16th January 2006

Photo on balcony
Donna, you definitely know how to torture me with that photo. To only be in her shoes (robe) right now. Heaven. How are you ever going to get off? I know you won't, have Alan just keep buying those next segments.
16th January 2006

Looking Gooood
You look fabulous darling!
17th January 2006

I am jealous...
You look so refreshed! And relaxed...sorry to hear about Alan's sunbun, ouchie! It is so cold here...below 32 degrees last night and the week is not higher than 65! Enjoy those relaxing moments.
18th January 2006

Question
You are going on a 139 day cruise to listen to lectures, read, go to happy hour, take a nap, and drink a themed parties? Man you could have stayed in the states and gone to what we call college to experience all those things. Please let me know how the 80s, Toga, Jungle, Revenege of the Nerds, and the Destination of Unknown mixers go next week.
22nd January 2006

Enjoying your journal
And living vicariously. You have to teach me how to set this up. This will be such a wonderful memory for you. The balcony for breakfast is my favorite spot too!! See you on MUSH.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb