Amazingly full day


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Wow, today could have been THREE days, we did so much.

Bella Felton stayed overnight with us, so we opened up the bed and the girls had 2 pillows to separate the self-described restless kickers. They did great. Only chatted about 20 minutes, they were so tired!

Up around 6:30, a meager breakfast, and off to turtles by 8. only about 7-8 of them 😊 AND a spotted eagle ray (with stumpy tail, evidently well known in this area), AND an eel, AND a flying gurnard (guess that's what they are that we've been callling band-tailed sea robins. Most rare.

Everyone's equipment worked well. Megan's flippers were rubbing, so girls went in before the daddies and Jean. We overturned what looked like a conch shell and unearthed a nest of brittle stars!!! A new discovery - our only one this trip, and a fascinating one indeed.

Then we had a date with the parasail boat for 10. Joann and I were allowed to go on the parasail boat with the girls. First a small speed boat took us from near their Holiday Inn to the place where the parasail boat was waiting. A couple went up first. Then the girlies - their combined weight was ok. they were so brave!!! Going up was scarier than being up there.

Then about an hour at the pool at the Holiday Inn (and petting their tame iguanas) and then we separated for quick showers and met up at Linda's for pancakes again. As usual, Megan ordered her own, and David and Jean shared!!!

Then we came back here, expecting Bruce and Bella by 3, so the girls could play and David could drive with Bruce to return their rental. Getting a jeep tomorrow. Well, he finally arrived about an hour late - he'd just gotten hopelessly lost. Many of you can understand that!

So the girls and Jean played cards and then they played a game of chess with the huge chess pieces. David and the Feltons arrived back around 5 so we could listen to the excellent band with Roberto our parasailing boat owner on drums. Happy hour drinks. Around 7 the girls jumped in the pool for about 30 mins - just to celebrate the fact that La Cabana pool stays open later than the Holiday Inn pool.

We all ate cheese and tomato muesli rolls. Almost got rid of our giant gouda! Leaving tomorrow after an early morning snorkel to say adieu to the turtles. Won't post that for a day or too.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.546s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 68; dbt: 0.2024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb