Caribbean-ish


Advertisement
Published: May 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Caye Caulker - the small island of Belize - was really nice. The island has a super chill Caribbean vibe with golf carts instead of cars and colourful shacks and coconut trees around the island. We just lounged in hammocks, sunbathed, kayaked, and the best part was snorkelling in clear turquoise waters and swimming with friendly sharks and sting rays!

And then there was Cuba.. Havana was not exactly our favourite place. Havana was actually quite ugly and dirty and everything was falling apart. Not in a beautiful, old way, but a neglected and derelict way. The food was horrendous, and the Cuban people were actually quite rude and deceitful. Then to end it with a bang, the day we were leaving, I got Giardiasis which is a freaking parasite from contaminated water!! I was sooo sick for a week after that. If I didn't like Cuba before that, I absolutely hated it after getting sick. But even though it was not the nicest of places, it was still a highlight of the trip because my mum and dad were with us. It was nice to be reunited and have a good family holiday together no matter where we were. We had fun riding in the old vintage cars (probably the best thing about Havana) and exploring the rugged streets and being able to experience this other worldly/ stuck in the past/ oppressed/ borderline communist place together.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Typical havanaTypical havana
Typical havana

50% of Havana looks like this. 49% looks worse than this. And 1% looks better than this
Typical HavanaTypical Havana
Typical Havana

Keep in mind I usually take photos of the "nice parts" so this actually is one of the nicer shots of the city. A lot of the city looks much more ruined. And then only a small part of the city is in good condition.


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb