Open Pit BBQ


Advertisement
Published: October 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Seattle - Dallas - Puerto Rico - St. Thomas, USVI

Our first stop is St. Thomas, J's old stomping grounds and current home of his sister and her boyfriend. We're inexplicably allowed 6 segments in the North American continent, so we made use of it by hopping down to the "Caribbian". Leaving Seattle at 6 AM, with about 6 hours of sleep in the last 48, we arrived in STT at 9:30 PM. We were filmed leaving the airplane by a TV crew that was filming a reality show for BET along the lines of The Real World.

The Puerto Rico airport is pretty lame, so we were looking to eat somewhere in Charlotte Amalie after our flight. The only place still serving food after 10PM was the Open Pit BBQ, which we were assured was the best BBQ on the island (even better than Texas Pit BBQ for those who've been there). We got a great meal that we ate on the waterfront, next to a sleeping Rasta and some roaches in the shadows. But it was nice... really (we're used to it).

Our gracious hosts had set up their apartment very nicely for us, complete with air mattress, fan and mosquito net. We really appreciate it you two!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



10th October 2006

Palm Tree?
Neat start to your adventure. Great photo of the palm tree's shadow - perfect silhouette.
10th October 2006

Have Fun
When, exactly, are you arriving in Bangkok. We want to book a few 'events' for all of us.
10th October 2006

What an awesome trip ya'll are going to have! I am looking forward to reading your blogs....

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb