Turks & Caicos


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Live ConchLive ConchLive Conch

This is what we have been eating so much of???? Makes a great fritter.
Wendy & Katie checking in -

As sad as we were to end our time on Abaco, Turks & Caicos welcomed us in grand style. We arrived on the beautiful island of Providenciales (Provo to the locals), and we were picked up at the airport and taken to the West Bay Club for our two day break to recharge our batteries for our last week of this life changing experience. We spent most of our break chatting and trying to put into words how this experience has impacted our lives, but found it challenging to express it even to each other. We hope all of you who are following along on the blog are able to get at least a small glimpse of what this exchange has brought into our lives and that we are protraying some of the beauty of the islands and the people graciously opening their lives to us.

Today (Tuesday), we are going to our host homes, and will be doing two TV interviews as well as attending a Roteract meeting this evening. Tomorrow we will be flying over to Grand Turks for the day to tour the island and present at their Rotary meeting. We will fly back that evening. It should be yet one more amazing experience on this trip.

We have once more brought with us rain that the locals say their islands are in much need of. As desert dwellers, we are enjoying the change in the weather. Katie thinks perhaps we should send a proposal to rent our team out to countries in need of rain as "rain bringers", and Mark is wondering if it is the Kachinas that we brought with us.

We will try to get a few more posts in this week if time allows.

Thank you again for the comments, we have truly enjoyed reading them.

Advertisement



24th June 2008

beauty
I am talking about Katie of course! I am very glad that you all had such a wonderful time, thanks to your hosts, the islands and the giving nature of Rotary. I am very glad for Katie who applied for Denmark and waited a year before going to this Paradise. Come back safe and sound. ( it is 110 degrees in Phoenix!) See you soon, Carolee/Gerrit.
24th June 2008

So, what does conch taste like? Chicken?:) Thank you for taking us all along on this exciting adventure in your lives. I will admit I had never head of Turks adn Caicos before, but I will remember it now. I look forward to hearing all your stories that didn't make it to the site. See you soon, Cheryl
25th June 2008

I'm so jealous of the beauty you all are enjoying
Mishay, I am so proud of you for overcoming your challenge (you know what I mean). Are you sure it isn't Mark who packed everything but the kitchen sink? That is so typical of him whenever we go anywhere!!!!!!!! Next week at this time you will all be back home, see you soon.
26th June 2008

Katie... looks like you are having such a great time. Love the pictures and can't wait to hear all about it. Take Care and God Bless.
26th June 2008

What a truly amazing trip you are having. I'm thrilled that all the team has had this experience. It something you can talk about for eons. Can't wait to hear all the details. See you soon Mom

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0967s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb