West Mall


Advertisement
Published: December 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Our annual trek to West Mall in Trinidad was great fun and also eye-opening to see the modernization that had been accomplished over the past year. Here are some scenes from The Falls, as it is now called. The white tiles on the floor look like marble! Because renovation is still going on, some stores have yet to move in. When they do, there will be almost nothing that you cannot get here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

FountainFountain
Fountain

A new fountain for the West Mall, which is now called "The Falls."
AngelAngel
Angel

The theme this year seems to be Angels, since there were several of them scattered on the two floors of the mall.
Large WreathLarge Wreath
Large Wreath

A lovely wreath hung from the ceiling on the Mezzanine floor.
EscalatorEscalator
Escalator

One of the young girls with us, ten years old, was quite frightened to go on the escalator. Although there have been escalators in at least two malls in Trinidad, they often are not working and so some young people are not experienced in navigating them. This one worked very well!
PoinsettiasPoinsettias
Poinsettias

Lovely flowers in the window of one of the shops.
Father ChristmasFather Christmas
Father Christmas

He appeared in one of the stores
SantaSanta
Santa

This Santa, centered in a "chimney," moved up and down to entertain the children.
Tee ShirtsTee Shirts
Tee Shirts

One store was selling tee shirts, as displayed on their door.
HallwayHallway
Hallway

Being early in the day, the crowds had not yet arrived.
Another hallwayAnother hallway
Another hallway

Again, no crowds...
A third hallwayA third hallway
A third hallway

Notice the gleaming floors that look like marble. It IS a little surprising there were not more people shopping on this day.
MermaidMermaid
Mermaid

A statue of a Mermaid graces the Food Court, where there are selections of meals from chicken to Chinese. And you thought Trinidad was a hardship post in a third world country??


29th December 2005

The Mall
I cannot believe it, I just would not expect to find that so modern and so decorated there. It amazes me how everyone, all over seems to be into Angels. Pictures came out good and clear. Thanks for adding them in.
15th April 2007

what shops are there. are their any big brand names? im planning on traveling to trinidad for the summer and just wanna know what to expect
12th July 2007

Impressive
I was totally surprised by Westmall. Absolutely beautiful. Makes me proud of Trinidad
20th November 2007

Certainly the best mall in Trinidad ever.
2nd December 2008

The mall
I like the whole modern look of the mall it actually looks like a mall in Ft Lauderdale called Aventura Mall

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb