Liming


Advertisement
Published: October 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Are You For Scuba?Are You For Scuba?Are You For Scuba?

I think Jay really likes scuba diving!!!
We have been in Trinidad for three months now and recently had to have our immigration status extended. It certainly doesn't feel like three months though- oh how time flies! For the most part we have been liming (for those who don't know, liming is a Trini term for just hanging out). We have been swimming in the pool, watching movies and cable tv, eating local foods like doubles and rotis, and making new friends with truly great people from all over the world. Although we have kept ourselves busy with boat projects too (we fixed everything that broke along the way as well as some new improvements to the Rum Runner- like the awnings and cockpit sun shades- very nice!). Jay learned to scuba dive thanks to our friends Brian and Stephanie on s/v Sublime (check out their web page www.sublimesailing.com). We are super excited to go scuba diving throughout the Caribbean this year- there is so much to explore! It will totally change our trip. Besides a couple other tours of the island, that pretty much sums up the last three months here in Trini.

November first is fast approaching which will officially mark the end of hurricane
Dive CertificationDive CertificationDive Certification

Jay getting certified to go scuba diving- our good friend Brian on s/v Sublime was the instructor.
season. So we are getting ready to set sail again. Our plan is to sail north and island hop along the Caribbean Island Chain, visiting islands we skipped last year and re-visiting some of our favorites as well. We will be spending this next cruising season here in the Caribbean; hopefully we will be in Bequia for Christmas, going to the Jazz Festival in Mustique for New Years, in Antigua for Race Week, as well as many other fun events along the way. Of course our plans are written in Jell-O (lots of wiggle room) and will change with the weather. But we will keep you posted as the journey continues. Wish us fair winds and following seas!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Port of SpainPort of Spain
Port of Spain

This is a great view of downtown Port of Spain, the capital of Trinidad. Such a big city! Did you know that the population of Trinidad is 1.5 million and it is the largest island of the Caribbean?
Canvas WorkCanvas Work
Canvas Work

We had these cool tarps made for the Rum Runner- check it out!


26th October 2008

Liming
We really enjoyed being with you guys in Trinidad recently and with your new friends. Thanks again for the tours of the area, introducing us to the local treats (roti, doubles and bake n'shark), yummy grilled ribs and pina coladas on the boat, liming with your great friends, etc. etc. etc. See you next in St. Thomas! love....mom and dad :)

Tot: 0.427s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 26; qc: 154; dbt: 0.2992s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb