Day 2 - it's a long way to Speyside, It's a long way to go!


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our car arrived in the morning, a good looking Nissan saloon, with fantastic air conditioning and absolutely NO petrol! Mission 1: to find one of the 8 petrol stations on the island and fill up. This was fairly easy as 6 of all 8 petrol stations were within easy reach of the resort.

We then looked at the map (possibly the most useless map ever!) and decided to do a round trip of the island. Tobago is a very small island (42km long 10km wide) however none of the roads were straight, and no of them ran very level - the island has lots and lots of steep hills (the highest point is 550m). This meant that our journey around the island took us 5 hours. We stopped at lots of beautiful view points, and Wayne wiggled the car around the hair pin bends with ease. The car was very comfortable, cool air blowing out from the AC.

The best road we drove on all day was one the dodgy map showed as a small grey line - we later found out it had just re opened after a long period of being closed due to most of
Our fab carOur fab carOur fab car

and the Fab Wayne!
it falling down one of the hill sides!

We intended to have lunch at Jemma’s Tree house kitchen at Speyside (a much talked about local venue). We did not realise Jemma was a 7th Day Adventist, and did not work on Saturday - so it was closed. We carried on our journey.

We headed back towards our resort along the other side of the Island, taking in the view as we went. We arrived at Crown Point area and looked for food - lots of closed places! We ended up at a small air conditioned Chinese (apparently Wayne has to have a Chinese wherever he goes in the world so this seemed a good solution!).

The meal was good, and filled us up. We headed back to our resort, tired and in need of drinks and a rest.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Wiggly roadsWiggly roads
Wiggly roads

Lets hope the graves don't fall off the cliff


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb