St. Martin, Marigot Bay


Advertisement
Published: June 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Love Marigot Bay. The French really know how to make you welcome. $5 Euro to check in...Didn't even look at our passports...Went for lunch at L'Armantine, took Non Linear. This restaurant offers specials for lunch everyday. These particular day they had Carpaccio de Beouf, for those of you that do not know French, it is raw beef, with a caper sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese, for $10 Euros per person, includes fries and a salad. We noticed our lady waitress, had improved her English in a year. Pete made sure to let her know. In order to find this restaurant, if your looking from Marigot Bay to shore, look for the green building, with palm protruding through the roof. To the right of this green building, there is a white 3 story building. On bottom floor, there is a court yard. This is where this restaurant is located. Make sure you say hello to them from us.
Sint Martin is half French and half Dutch. The French side, the road are fantastic, well marked. The Dutch side, dirty and road are narrow, not well marked.
The Dutch side has great buys for us Americans. They deal in US dollar. The French side deals in Euro. You can still get some good buys on the French side. Particularly in wines, cheese and Pates. You cannot beat a baguette. Buying or re provisioning should be done on Dutch side. Taking a bus from Shrimpy's towards Phillipsburg, there is a Cost U Less, like Sam's. There is several Marche stores. Several marine Chandleries. FKG is a rigging outfit. There is a Super Ace Store, 2 stories high. On the 2nd story there is all kinds of things for the homemaker and toys. The bottom flor is hardware and where the men go.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.1196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb