Bequia June 3, 2010


Advertisement

San Juan, PRSan Juan, PRSan Juan, PR

In front of the fountain of Christopher Columbus
Greetings from Bequia.
We made it through San Juan and St Vincent and onto Bequia with only a few hitches. San Juan was great. We had dinner at Cafe Puerto Rico right accross from Christopher Columbus square. Our waiter was very nice and come out to the square to take some pictures for us. Always tip your servers well and they will do anything for you.

When we arrived at St Vincent, the Cobblestone (where we planned on staying) was completely booked, so Percy, our cab driver took us to a place he knew, The Hairoun. There the owner, Wade, took really good care of us. He walked us down the street a couple of blocks to a great little wine bar for dinner. We never would have found it without his local knowledge. It was really a nice place. I had no idea any place like it existed in Kingstown. We had some great plantain chips covered in black bean salsa and cheese and some cream cheese filled won tons. Yummy!

This morning we caught the 8:00 ferry to Bequia. The crossing was a little rough, but no sour stomachs for us. When we arrived I introduced Malialani to all the girls in the harbour office, then we went to the house. LET ME JUST STOP RIGHT HERE AND BRAG ON MALIALANI. I had told her not to expect much-kind of like living in a frat house. When we arrived she jumped right in and unpacked her bags and smiled and told me how charming it was. No A/C, No hot water, No light in the bathroom (they're having some electrical issues here). Never a complaint. That's why I call her my Island Girl. We bought two bags of groceries and our bill was $210 EC . Before you get too excited that's only about $79US. That should last us a good week here.

After a lunch of peanut butter and crackers and some spice bread, we took off to Lower bay for a swim. It was quite a warm hike uphill in the heat of the day. We should have brought more water. We bought some water at the beach and the hike home was not near as hot.(down hill mostly). Back at the house it was grilled cheese and fritoes for dinner, then a cold shower before dark (remember-no light in the bathroom) Getting up
boarding for St Vincentboarding for St Vincentboarding for St Vincent

"The Dress" made it through four airports, three countries, two flights, and one ferry ride.
in the middle of the night should be interesting. After dinner Malialani is spending some time on the computer looking at some of the villas we passed by today while I upload this blog.

All in all, we are really happy to be here and looking forward to the days ahead.

More from beautiful Bequia in a couple of days---stay tuned!

Ya Mon,
David & Malialani


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



5th June 2010

Yeah, we read your blog, sounds like you are having fun there. Stay safe and we will continue reading your adventures.

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb