Rodney Bay


Advertisement
Published: February 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left Rodney Bay around 1050 for Catries by bus.Arriving around 1610. Long day. We found 4 cruise ships and 1 French navy ship docked in Castries. Actually the Queen Mary 2 was anchor outside, too long a ship to come in. We went all over, streets were crowded, too many cruise ships in, plus the locals trading, but oh what fun and what an experience. Dad decided yesterday morning he wanted to go, he did real well. Up to last 1/2 hour then he sat down. By ice cream shop. Since it was late in the day, products were cheaper and we did not start to shop for us until after 2. We got real bargains, and Heather, I bought me a new bracelet!! Tell Kandy I got her one too. Actually bought 7 of them. All different. Will probably ship to Joann when I can. Bought Lulu Belle a coconut purpose, tiny like her. So cute! Dad was into it too yesterday, rare occasion, I enjoyed it so much and specially his input. His knees were hurting bad after arriving, lot of walking. Jeris enjoyed it too. Tom seldom's goes with us. He prefers to stay in the boat and swim.
This morning we are going to the Gros Islet Roman Catholic church. They actually write RC in all the catholic churches. Cheetah II coming along. This afternoon we have been invited to the Yacht Club, hehehe, rubbing elbows, I don't know with who, but they have a great lunch for 10 EC and dominoes afternoon. Looking forward to it.
We had a nice group with us yesterday, and When we arrived at the Bread Box we met some cruisers. So that took another hour...We are so timid and shy, what can I say.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1093s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb