Ziplining in the St Lucian Rainforest


Advertisement
Published: May 10th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Rainforest adventure


My favorite island in the Caribbean by far is St Lucia, there is just something about it. Even though I have been here quite a few times before, only at the beginning of this year I had the chance to explore more places in this beautiful country.

In March this year I got to take a Rainforest Adventure to go ziplining. One of the best ziplines I've done so far, because the views from the top of the mountain into the rainforest are just spectacular.

After putting on our safety equipment, we hopped into a small open cable car gondola that took us up the mountain, the ride felt very long, but the views were breathtaking. The guides were fantastic, they explained a lot of things about the forest and we also got a glimpse into the islands culture, while taking in the amazing views of the rainforest while heading up the mountain. Once we got to the top we took a 20 min walk through the rain forest to the first ziplines. It took 10 different zip tracks to make our way back down the mountain. At first it was a little scary because the platform kept shaking with the wind, but it was so much fun in the end.

Midway through we were caught in a tropic rainstorm. Note to myself never wear white when doing these things. I was absolutely soaked and felt as if I just took part in a wet t shirt contest. Luckily our group was just a bunch of girls.

All in all it was an amazing experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb