Caribbean 13


Advertisement
Published: March 2nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

St. LuciaSt. LuciaSt. Lucia

The Petons
The day begins as usual. I take me coffee out to the verandah along with my IPad and manage to spill my coffee all over my robe and the IPad. Cleaning up the mess a manage to get coffee on the coverup just returned from the laundry.



Bridgetown port is busy with tugs a pilot boats sailing back and forth. I watched as a small, luxury vessel left its berth and gave all watching a lesson in seamanship. There is an Azamara and Costa vessel at berths and another large cruise ship standing off. Add commercial traffic and the tugs are working.



I was by the Lido Pool when approached by a Spa lady. They were running a port day special and you all know I love a massage. Well I was exfoliated and creamed and oiled, my little toes were pampered and so was the rest of me. I enjoyed it so much that I scheduled another one.



I can’t remember the last time I had prime rib or a baked potato. Both appeared to be extra large portions but I did ok. Left room for cinnamon ice cream. Tomorrow, Granada.
GranadaGranadaGranada

Sail away




March 1



At first glance Granada is lovely and at second and third. The only draw back is that the weather can’t make up its mind. The sun comes out I go out on the verandah, the clouds roll in and I go back inside, repeat and repeat and repeat. I feel like Casper.



I enjoy my Rice Krispies outside and watch the sea birds fishing for breakfast. We appear to be the only ship in port so those that go ashore should have the island to themselves. Good for us, not so good for the locals.



Today is mask freedom day on board. Masks are now optional in most venues except the show room and the casino. When ashore it depends of the local protocol. I assume most people will unmask but I intend to see how it goes. The Covid quarantine area is just down the hall and I have no intention of visiting.



I wish I could share the drama of the sky tonight. Hope my photo attempts give you an idea how spectacular it was. All the more so since I didn’t expect it.



I seem to be craving meat. Tonight was a petit fillet mignon cooked to perfection and matched with a cabernet sauvignon. Still prefer Chardonnay.





Tomorrow, St. Kitts.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.362s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb