Ponting's a legend!!


Advertisement
Published: March 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our first match of the World Cup 2007.
Sensational - surrounded by Scots and rained out for parts but a truly joyful experience.
Ilove cricket and I love the Caribbean!

Photos and details to come.

Cheers
Bec


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Warner ParkWarner Park
Warner Park

A brand new stadium the size of a postage stamp. Big scores here for sure! This is the view from our seats amongst the die hard Scottish!
Is that a plane?Is that a plane?
Is that a plane?

The Lonely Planet said the ground was close to the airport, but this is ridiculous!
The Aussie BoxThe Aussie Box
The Aussie Box

Only the biggest and best rooms for the world's best one day side.
A new ground, a new score board?A new ground, a new score board?
A new ground, a new score board?

This was the scoreboard we got to see from our Category 2 seats. Just a tad slow in keeping up with the Aussies blistering run rate. The numbers kept blowing back with the wind so half the time you couldn't see a thing.
Ponting plays that one forward...Ponting plays that one forward...
Ponting plays that one forward...

Becca's camera coming into its own. By the way, the Scottish keeper is the tallest in the world at 6 ft 4 inches! That's a long way down to the stumps!
Raining againRaining again
Raining again

A brief rain interruption gave the crowd a chance to see the wonderful organised manner in which the ground staff went about their business - rasta hats and all.
Pigeon trying to get an edge?Pigeon trying to get an edge?
Pigeon trying to get an edge?

We were lucky to have Steve Bucknor umpire all the Aussie games. An international icon, he even signed autographs in the Party Stand after the match.
The Party StandThe Party Stand
The Party Stand

USD$90 to sit on the grass, 8 beers and lunch. Billed as the best place to be during the matches, the party stand was not exactly pumping for the Scottish match. Note the military personal keeping a close eye on those crazy Scots.


19th March 2007

waiting
We are still waiting for the photos and details of the last few days! Even dad could not believe Ireland beat Pakistan in the cricket!
26th March 2007

Cricket
I don't think anyone could, but murder !!!!

Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb