Inject My Soul with Blues Therapy


Advertisement
Published: November 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

You feel certain that you have had a great experience when you are sitting at the airport on the way home and you’re still smiling. In this case, smiling and talking with Super Chikan, a bluesman from Clarksdale, Mississippi and at this point, a man who enjoys conversation. He is busy telling you about his 2 year-old grandson with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. This was the third... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Chubby CarrierChubby Carrier
Chubby Carrier

This man is a party waiting to happen.
LaLa CraigLaLa Craig
LaLa Craig

Wow...keyboard amazing. Super Chikan & the Fighting Cocks
1994 Barbados1994 Barbados
1994 Barbados

Week of our wedding
Andy, Dave, Art, Chuck & JebronAndy, Dave, Art, Chuck & Jebron
Andy, Dave, Art, Chuck & Jebron

having fun on our beach
MJ BarbadosMJ Barbados
MJ Barbados

March 1994
19941994
1994

Art & Deb



14th November 2016

Blues Therapy
Enjoyed hearing about the cruise and your impressions. Keep traveling! ? and happy bd MJ!
14th November 2016

Blues Therapy
Marsha, always good hearing from you. It was a great trip.
14th November 2016

A cruise with the lot - excluding coffee
What an amazing lineup and a great job on the reviews - you sure took in a lot of great music. Fantastic that you got to revisit "your beach" and relive those fond memories, and thanks for sharing the photos from 1994, you both haven't aged at all - it must be all that dancing that keeps you young. As for staIking, I guess if you were going to stalk someone a cruise liner certainly makes your job easy. Cannot believe they ran out of coffee, I would have made someone walk the plank for that one.
14th November 2016

A cruise without coffee
AS I said they didn't run out completely but several of us were wandering with our cups looking for a full pot...not the thing you want to deal with when you been up all hours of the morning enjoying music. Coffee should be a given. I will say on one of the lower secluded floors they had a coffee bar where they would make some decent coffees for an additional price. I found myself there more than needed. The music was fantastic. It was wonderful go back to the beach where this all started. Still dancing after all these years.
14th November 2016

tasikstore
Thank you for sharing the information very useful. It is very pleasant to read this article from your website. Obat Ambeien Tradisional Herbal Pengobatan Cara Alami
14th November 2016

tasikstore
Thank you for reading.
14th November 2016

Seriously I'm just a fan
Aw there I was complaining "what about us?" and ya just had to have a good time without us! But as I often say "someones gotta do it" and it thrills us it is you guys. Why? Because ya understand da blues...it pervades your souls...and as you know...that we have in common. Amazingly we have seen 11 of the bands/artists you mention so it's great they travel around. But the food!!!! It was incredible on our Jan 2015 cruise so I cannot imagine the disappointment that this cruise the food was crap. But when you think about it, da blues can be like that...there for the music..."extras" are just that!!!
14th November 2016

Seriously I'm just a fan!
We are glad the bands get around so everyone can enjoy them. Since we are foodies we were disappointed in the quality. I can't imagine how hard it is to serve that many people but other ships seem to do it. Not really complaining-- just a critique.
14th November 2016
Love is in the air

Love is in the air
Your relationship is like sunshine...warms the heart. And even better when one of you is an unabashed "stalker"!
14th November 2016
Love is in the air

Love is in the air
Love, love, love....sounds like the beginning of a song.
14th November 2016

envy
As always, the pics were great and Dave's clever banter kept me smiling. Going on one of these cruises is on my bucket list. I love the blues!
14th November 2016

Envy
Thanks for reading along and enjoying the photos. Ha ha, this time most of the clever banter was mine. Dave did edits this time but I wrote most of the body. We actually blend our writing so it comes from both. You will love it when you go on this trip. It really is amazing. We rarely do a trip more than once and this one got us 3 times. Tinsley was marvelous.
14th November 2016

Cruise
Loved the early wedding shots. Happy 60th Merry Jo.
14th November 2016

Cruise
We had a fun time. Thanks for following along.
14th November 2016

My Soul
Beautiful MJ and Dave- Much thanks for taking me with you on LRBC27... through your blog of course! Tinsley is performing in Park City, Utah, for two nights during the first week of December. I will be there-- and give Mr. Ellis your best regards. xoxo
14th November 2016

My soul
Glad you followed along on LRBC27 just as we will do with you on #28 in January. Eager to hear what you say about the new ship and the venues. Ah...Tinsley in Park City...that would be fantastic. He really is a master of the blues!
14th November 2016

What a special birthday
I love how you plan incredible trips for your birthday. You two really know how to live life and share your passion. It sounds like a great music trip, but perhaps next time BVChef should come with to make sure the food service is up to snuff. No reason anyone should have to search for coffee. Glad the music was over the top good and MJ, embrace your newly found stalker persona. I think you wear it well.
14th November 2016

A special birthday
I do think that you should go on all trips with Dave and I. We should make it a requirement. We travel well together and if the food it not of quality you can talk them through it. They will benefit from your expertise. The music was fantastic. Seriously, I'm just a fan. wink wink
15th November 2016

Experience
What a wonderful way to spend a birthday and revisit great memories. We have only been to Barbados once, but loved it. Keep goingonntjese adventures, Amazon and iTunes are loving my downloads based on your recommendations. Time to further expand my zydeco. If you see Rev Billy again and he didn't do his Mr Roster bit, ask him to. He would frequent a local Pittsburgh radio station - WDVE - so I have had the opportunity oo hear some of his material.
16th November 2016

Da Blues is da cure
Glad you enjoyed the blog. Did not know you had been to Barbados! There are so many great blues artists out there.....gotta keep collecting all the good ones! Cheers!
15th November 2016

You both are an ispiration
Dave and MJ, Your love for the Blues and your bondage with each other should be inspiration for everyone. I am learning a lot about the Blues, discussed with my wife about the Blues (who happens to be more knowledgeable in the Music than this adrenaline junky) and I thoroughly enjoyed your blog. But Dave, you have a competition in hand my friend - Tinsley!
15th November 2016

You both are an inspiration
MJ here...Dave is my one and only...no competition with Tinsley. Tab I'm glad your wife is broadening your horizons musically. Music can touch your soul.
15th November 2016
Tinsley and Merry Jo

Merry Jo can you sit any closer???
The guy's nearly falling off the couch! :) So glad you had another wonderful Blues Cruise. The bad food is very disappointing, and probably worthy of a complaint - especially when the food had been good on your other two cruises. So lovely that you could go visit your wedding beach from 1994!
15th November 2016
Tinsley and Merry Jo

Sitting closer
Ha ha Ren. The music was fantastic and to get to hear Tinsley play multiple times was great. I must have said too much about the food. It wasn't bad just disappointing compared to the previous cruise line. Well, ok, yes, some was over cooked. Shoot, I'm a foodie and expect the food to taste as good as the beautiful presentation. Our wedding beach is a very special place. I'm glad we could go back with Art and Deb.
15th November 2016
Vanessa Collier & Nancy Wright

The Birthday Blues!
What a perfect way to celebrate--massive amounts of your favorite music, your beloved Tinsley, friends and a romantic, nostalgic stop in Barbados! And how fun to chat with your favorite musicians--very special. Great to learn that there are blues musicians of all genders and genres. And I love Dave's shirt, "Baptized in Muddy Waters." Somehow, I don't think this will be your last cruise.
16th November 2016
Vanessa Collier & Nancy Wright

The Birthday Blues
No this will not be our last blues cruise but we do have other places we need to go see. We need a break. Them bringing Tinsley Ellis back would get my attention.
18th November 2016
Caribbean Sunset

Nice Shot
WOW
18th November 2016
Caribbean Sunset

Thank you
It was a beautiful sunset.
18th November 2016

Caribbean
Just to see you guys have another blues cruise around the Caribbean and revisiting cherished memories. I am off on a cruise next month to the Caribbean and will be visiting some of your ports of calls. I can't wait :D
18th November 2016

Caribbean
Have fun. I know you will explore.
31st July 2017

Blues At Sea
That's a lot of music in a short time - great idea for a cruise. I can see the attraction; it must be like the two stages in Kingston Mines for the number of acts you get to see. Good to see your review of the HAL ship too. We've been on Celebrity before (on the Eclipse, which sounds like an all round better experience, especially for dining but never HAL.
1st August 2017

Blues at Sea
No less that 30 top world famous blues musicians on the ship all week. 5 or 6 venues going until wee hours of the morning. This cruise will test your stamina.

Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 24; qc: 39; dbt: 0.1411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb