San Juan, PEURTO RICO


Advertisement
Published: April 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Have had a wonderful day exploring San Juan, breakfast (all included) early on the top floor of our hotel overlooking the areas around us, so beautiful!! Then off to the Old San Juan to explore, the Spanish architecture is just exquisite, with all the wrought iron balconies with flowers and creepers cascading over the edge, all the colourful homes etc and the people are so friendly even if we don't communicate in English, a smile gets us by. There is a lot to see - the island is 100mile x 35 mile so its not that big and there is a lot of history - invasion by the Dutch - they must have been very busy back when!! They also invaded Indonesia - they have a history everywhere. Blake and Suzi had to work in the morning so we met in the Old town for lunch - traditional black bean soup with rice, chorizo sausage and some nachos - Barrachinna - (birthplace of Pina Colada 1963) a spanish guy came here and created Pina Colada and Barrachina Restaurant - absolutely wonderful!! Then took a tour on a trolley car all around the old town - very impressive I hope we live to tell the story - we have booked a Cessna flight for one hour tomorrow - very cheap $275.00 for three of us -Suzi was NOT interested so Blake John and I are going - 1.00p.m. then board the Celebrity Summitt around 4.00p.m. Oh yeh!! found the most amazing coffee place here in San Juan - searched it on Trip Advisor - we have had the most terrible coffee in the USA - Rob Stanley you would not survive!!! Anyway this coffee shop roasts their own beans and we said to the girl - "we believe you have the best coffee here in Puerto Rico" and she said, "you try, let me know" - it was heaven - went back and had a macchiato in the arvo. Now off to experience a Puerto Rican restaurant tonight - La Jaquita Baya - yum yum yum!! I know we will be another stone heavier when we get home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb