We made it!


Advertisement
Published: November 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After our long day of traveling, we finally made it to San Juan, Puerto Rico about 9pm local time. While waiting for our luggage, we asked one of the airport staff members where we needed to go to get to our hotel. The lady told us to take a taxi to the Pan America Port. In trying to explain to her that we were not going there yet we just needed to get to our hotel, we quickly realized she had no idea what we were saying. So, we gather our luggage, make our way to the taxi stand and jump in. The cabby asked which hotel we needed to go to and again there was the language barrier. Thankfully Mike had printed out the information and grabbed it from his bag. So the cabby looks at the print out and right away you can tell he is a little perturbed. It turns out the hotel is inside the same building we just walked out of! Who knew it would be in the airport?! Lol, so he drives us all the way around the airport and delivers us about 30 ft down from where we picked up the taxi.

After settling in the hotel, we decided to venture out to find some cigarettes. We were sent to Buffalo Wings Sports TV and Grill across from the luggage claim. The locals here are very welcoming and full of energy. We got to the bar just in time to watch the fights. The local favorite Juanma Lopez taking on Rafael Marguez. It was a good fight that Juanma won. Then the music and hips started swaying! I definitely have work on my latino dancing skills.

So today we are off to Churri to get a tripleta! They cook 3 meats- pork/ham, chicken and beef then add in some lettuce, tomato, and mayo. YUMMY! After that we're off to Old San Juan to do a little sight seeing before we board the cruise ship. Pictures will be soon to follow!

~D



Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb