puerto rico


Advertisement
Published: May 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We planned this Puerto Rico vacation about 8 months ago. We went all out since we wanted to do everthing to be first class.

Once again we flew DELTA first class, it was Summer's first time flying first class, and she was very excited about this.
we left LA at 5am, and got to San Juan at 10pm local time.

The first 3 nights we stayed at the Marriott in Condado, Condado is actually the best beach in all of puerto rico, condado is next to Isla Verde, and Old San Juan. Condado was not what we were expecting, we felt lie we were back home, and we were not able to find real Puerto Rican here, then we found House of Orozco na dhtye did have rear puerto rican food.

Condado is just like Vegas with an ocean, it is packed with building & people.

then we moved to Caribe Hilton in San Juan near Old San Juan, this hotel was much quiter that the marriott, and also had its own privated beach which it was nice.

This hotel is very expensive, and the quality of the food is not there.

Old san juan is nice, we walked all the time, traffic is worse than la, and still could not find good puerto rican food in old san juan.

In san juan you can visit plaza colon, castillo san cristobal, el morro fort, fortaleza st, and el convento hotel, which i was not that impressed.

the last 3 days we moved to Fagardo to EL CONQUISTADOR nice hotel, beware this hotel does not have a beach they will ferry you to a private island called palomino island.

this hotel is very, very nice, but they will nickel & dime you for everthing.

Overall this vacation was nice, people is very friendly, puerto rico does not have high quality beaches, and el yunke is not a rain forest it is just a jungle.

old san juan is very nice & historic about the fort, and houses.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



17th May 2010

Disagree about the beach..
Hope you enjoyed visiting our beautiful island, and thank you for the excellent blog post regarding your experience, and showing the world what PR has to offer. However, I must disagree that the best beach in PR is in Condado. First, I'd have to say that San JUan's beaches are far less beautiful than the many beaches across our north and west coasts. Not to mention the pristine, picture perfetct beaches of Vieques and Culebra.. But, if you are referring to beaches in San Juan only, then you could say that it's one of the better ones. However, the Isla Verde beach I find it to be more expansive, more sand and less rocks exposed by erosion, and more "swimming friendly" compared to Condado. Thanks again, and come back and visit soon ! Carlos

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb