Yo quiero ir a la Isla de Coibaaa !!


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Veraguas » Coiba Island
November 29th 2008
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Coiba island was used by the goverment as a Prision since 1919 , for serious criminals.
It takes aprox. 3 hours in a boat to get there from santiago which is like 4 hrs away from Panama city and considering this distances this guys wont like swimming that much. Also because of this the forest has remained pretty much untouched.

Now days there is just a few of them probably one by now of this criminals who is still on the island and with the police they sell handcrafts for their income and talking to them u can find out they will prefer to stay there because they live in a relax way and far from the problems of the society.

To visit Coiba you need autorization from the National Enviroment Authority, and they have some kind of bungalows or rooms where you can stay.

Since i went there with some ppl from my school we did a trip at night to the forest close to the bungalows and it was very scary, when we were inside we turn off all the lights and just experience all the sounds, and ppl sd they felt animals pass right beside them.

Yo can dive, snorkel, go fishing, bird watching and hiking. Even when i dont know how to swim with the help of one of the boat captains i kind of did snorkel.. and it was great..

Coiba also has great beaches, wildlife and is considered a World Heritage site.








Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb