Panamaniacs


Advertisement
Published: August 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all..

Allan is here. We are alive and safe. Honestly we have been having so much fun and meeting tons of great people that we have not been near a computer to keep in touch. So I apologize to the parental units in advance for our lack of communication. We are both very happy.

So, not to ruin anything but we are in Panama. WOW. i know. We havent updated about Costa Rica at all. I guess one is long over due.

We left Ometepe and made haste to the insanely long Costa Rica/Nicaragua border. A taxi drops us off at the Nic. side and we start walking, we pay an unofficial looking girl standing at a gate a few bucks to get through and walk towards some buildings and people. This border is so unorganized, with no signs, no help, no clue in what to do. Long story short, many shot guns later, and over a kilometer walk to the Costa Rican "side" we are in. Thank goodness.. Now to fins a bus and figure out where to go.

We stay a night in mothball haven. A hostel in Liberia. I guess the immense amount of mothballs kill cochroaches??, cause there were a lot of mothballs and a lot of dead cochroaches. Our sleeping bags and clothes and bodies smelled for a few days. I still gag at the mere thought of Mothball Hostel as its become known as.

One night too long, and we woke up early to head to the bus stop. Our goal was to make it to La Fortuna that day. A siminingly easy mission in any other country, but Costa Rica has the worst transit system out off the countries. Oddly the most tourism, but worst transit. Also the most nature, but no culture as we have been told many times.

So a short trip of about 150kms or so, proves to take all stinking day. It was all good though because we met a cool german cat named James and travelled with for the rest of the day.

Well i have to stop the entry short. Apparently Lauren has been looking for me as i went to a different internet cafe then i said i was going to. So i better take off..

Just know we are all safe, and will be home on Wednesday. Everything is in order. Thanks for reading, and worrying. See you all very soon...

Love Al and Lauren.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb