Panama Canal


Advertisement
Published: October 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It is 6 am and waiting to transit the canal. yesterday a day at sea. We competed in the progressive and won for the second time. Took the trophy home and added more decorations. We will defend title on the 12th. dinner with our trivia partners mary lou and ed and we shared our other bottle of champagne to celebrate. the canal is amazing. does not look like the ship will fit in such a tiny space. Only inches on either side of the ship to the canal edge. Small trains called mules pull the ship into each lock and then we wait while it fills with water - enuf to take us to the water level in the next lock. Two locks and then a large lake and the small cut and onto the last lock that takes us to the Atlantic Ocean. dinner tonite at le bistro with Derrick, an elderly gentleman from england that we met and Ulla, a very young girl from switzerland who is traveling solo. Lots of fun and laughs. We got a free bottle of wine with our free dinner. Watched karaoke and then the 50's/60's party for a while. Long day and time for bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb