On a boat from Columbia via the San Blas Islands to Panama


Advertisement
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

July 7th 2009 - 10am: Boarding... time to leave Columbia/South America... if I have not been leaving to the Caribbean, I definitely would have decided to stay 😊 But I am prepared for some nice relaxing days in the Caribbean Sea and so nothing could prevent me from enjoying a nice trip.

Just on the open sea for the first two days, surrounded by the about 20m high waves of the blue caribbean waters without seeing any land in this time. Seasickness? Better not think about this, just relax and enjoy... and avoid reading or writing diary - just chillout...

On the boat we were 13 passengers - plus Captain Fritz from Austria and his helpers Luz and Jimmy. So that also gave us the chance to gain the nice experience of sharing little space on the boat properly for 4 days/nights. As the people were nice and relaxed it worked out really well. And the need of beds was only relative on the boat. As the cabins can heat up really strongly during the hot days in the caribbean sun I preferred an improvised bed on the deck anyway for 2 1/2 nights - just below the stars with a nice ocean breeze... 😊

Our boat was a catamaran of 15 x 8.5 meters. Our austrian Captain Fritz (the tough guy with the hook in the knee who played the trumpet and cooked as well 😊 liked making jokes all the time although some of them might be x-rated. However, we had a lot of fun. And the food was really delicious and plenty... and had of course an Austrian note sometimes... but the highlight was still the seafood dinner on the last day... or was it the big fish we caught on the second day...

So after the two days on the open sea we arrived in San Blas archipelago early in the morning on the 3rd day. Waking up, opening the eyes and viewing the sun rising through the few palm trees on one of the islands was.... somewhat, stunning, awesome... however in my language i would simply use the word "geil" 😊. So that actually was what the next two days were about. Jumping off the boat and explore the small islands that can be rounded in a 15min-walk. Doing some snorkelling or even just watching the corals from the boat through the clear turquoise waters. Or simply just hanging around and enjoying. The only thing was that the weather could have been a little bit better sometimes... ahhh, who cares, it was just great...!!

Greets


Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Boat nite life... still very chilled out :)Boat nite life... still very chilled out :)
Boat nite life... still very chilled out :)

...watching the full moon shimmering in the sea
Lunch can be hard work for capitain Fritz and Erik...Lunch can be hard work for capitain Fritz and Erik...
Lunch can be hard work for capitain Fritz and Erik...

... and requires loud shouts and swearing, hahaha


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb