Playa Blanca


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Colón » Gamboa
June 13th 2017
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Playa blanca (Porto Belo)





Today we had a little day trip to the Caribbean Sea. We have been near Porto Belo at Playa Blanca. Our driver took us by boat to a remote beach with white sand, coconut palm-trees, and very-warm water. But before taking the boat is saw something flying by... and was kind of sure: THAT WAS NOT A BIRD?! so... what flies as well? You got it! A bat 😊 We spottet a small colony of tent-building bat underneath a palm-tree leaf. It was one of the cutest bat-species there is: Uroderma bilobatum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tent-making_bat#/media/File:Common_tent-making_bats.JPG)

I snorkelled the whole day, seeing cuttlefishs, sting-rays, funny fishes playing with my finger, and so on. It was lovely ❤ As well, you could see many pelicans fishing nearby from their perch. These birds are quite big, but still agile and successful at fishing.
Afterwards, the boat picked us up again and we had lunch in the nearby village. Concluding: It was an amazing daytrip and totally worth it – would always do it again ?


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb