Boca Chica Adventure


Advertisement
Published: September 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 8.24538, -81.8702

O.K! It's Barb's turn to report on this great trip, so I'll try to summarize some of the highlights. Yesterday was an idyllic day of relaxation at the beach. Because our house is so close to the beach, there was a lot of back and forth. Frolicking in the surf, with and without boogie boards, beachcombing, etc. Dinner (after an unintentional scenic route to get there) was at an outdoor pizza place, run by a real Italian, waitress Spanish speaking only, of course, so that was interesting, and really good food (not all pizza).
Today was our Boca Chica (1 1/2 hours away) adventure, a pre-planned day trip to the marina there where the big fishing trips go out of. Getting places has been interesting because they really don't seem to use addresses around here, but Jim had arranged for Captain Brian to take us out for snorkeling. Oh my, what a beautiful part of Creation we saw! Boat ride to the places we could snorkel (another hour) was beautiful, and the fish were so varied, bright and beautiful! The first place we tried involves a little bit of a scary current (water) story best saved for later (you can ask B & P later), but the 2nd place was really good. Very happy the whole experience was good, as we didn't know exactly what to expect.
Everyone is pretty tired tonight - Jim grilled chicken for us for dinner, our faithful driver, Paul, was to bed at 8:00, Kathy soon after, and the rest of us soon there, (after pinochle) We thank all of you are praying, and are feeling so thankful to God to be having this experience!

Advertisement



8th April 2014

What a great job you are doing of keeping us informed ! Can I go with you next time? All well in Packwood - it'not even raining! Love you all.
10th April 2014

Mom, we'd LOVE to have you here! In our group of 20 zip-liners yesterday, there was a late 70's couple. Are you gonna do that when you come back with us? :-)

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb