Isla Colon, Bastimento and Cayo Zapatilla


Advertisement
Published: November 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bocas del Toro


Isla Colon is the main Island of the archipelago where is located the capital of the province, Bocas del Toro. Reachable through one of the flights made ​​by the two national airlines company, Air Panama and Aero Perlas, or with comfortable water taxi from the coastal town of Almirante, is known as one of the favorite provinces of the entire Panamanian tourism industry.
Isla Colon and Bocas offer a wide range of choice regarding accommodation and restaurants, from the most typical and economic to the most fashionable for restaurant and from youth party hostels to lovey seaview hotels.
The best attraction of the island for us is the beach of Boca del Drago, known as The Starfish Beach situated on the opposite side of the island from the town of Bocas del Toro, easily reached by an half an hour bus trip or water taxi. It 's really hard to describe with words the beauty and charm of this white sand beach of the Panamanian Caribbean. Along much of the coastline,the sandy shore is dotted with a multitude of large starfish that seem artificial in their perfection and greatness.
The points of Interest of this aerea, are not only in Isla Colon. Bastimento is another island of the archipelago, more natural than the first (until the day we went there!) and it ‘s far not more than twenty minutes by boat. It’s rich of vegetation and poor of human settlement excluding the small village of Old Bank, where the inhabitants speak a strange dialect instead of the much more usual Spanish, called Wari Wari.
It’s also possible to stay in Bastimento island and its most famous beach is certainly the "Red Frog Beach, so named because close to its white sand beach lives a particular kind of small red frogs that actually it’s not so simple to see. The waves are quite impetuous because it is on the ocean side of the island, perfect for surfing lovers. Another place you have to visit it’s Cayo Zapatilla:It’s a little natural marine park with white sand beaches and lush vegetation. Here you can have a swim in a calm and crystalline sea and snorkel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb