Round 1: German Shepard vs. Crab


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi! Dan is feeling better 😊 We spent the last 4 days in Bocas del Torro, which is a cluster of islands on the Carribean side of Panama. I really like this town. We stayed at a great little place called Cocomo on the Sea and they had kayaks for us to use whenever we wanted. One day we kayaked around the island and out to "the pointe" where Dan had fun in the huge waves. One day we ventured to a beach called Starfish Beach. We had to take a taxi to a certain part of the island and walk through some jungle and mangrove areas to the beach. There were many huge starfish! It was pretty cool.

There were some really good restaurants in Bocas. Our favorite is called Buena Vista. They have the yummiest vanilla icecream drink and taco dip. On our way to dinner one night we saw a German Shepard in the middle of the road that was messing with something on the ground. We got closer and realized that it was a big crab. The dog didn´t seem to know what to do and kept barking at it and the crab was swinging it´s claws! I was shooing the dog away and eventually it left the crab alone. The crab actually put up a pretty good fight!

On Monday we went on a snorkeling trip to Dolphin Bay, Coral Caye, Red Frog Beach, and Hospital Pointe. We got to see wild Dolphin´s jumping around and little red frogs that exist only on that particular island. Young local boys catch the frogs and keep them to show to tourists...I didn´t like that part. I set off in the jungle to find one myself, but I didn´t have any luck. I hope that there are tons of them still free in the wild and that they have good hiding places. The visibility during snorkeling wasn´t the best because of all of the recent rain (damn rain!), but we still got to see some good stuff.

We are back in Panama City and we head home tomorrow. I´d love to see more of the country, but it will be nice to get home after being gone for a month!

Thanks again for all of your notes 😊

Peace,
Nikki & Dan







Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



11th July 2007

Another amazing installment of the travelblog. Have a safe trip home!
11th July 2007

Home
I'm so glad you are having a wonderful time and have had so many outstanding experiences. You'll both remember this for the rest of your life. Now, come home safe! I'll be so happy to see you again!!
11th July 2007

I would have been so freaked if I saw a German Shepard running loose trying to eat a big crab in the street! No thanks, I would have walked the other way, but I'm sure the crab is happy you intervened! Can't wait to have you home, all safe and sound. XOXO

Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 17; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb