Blogasaurus-Rex.....the addition of "Tal"


Advertisement
Nicaragua's flag
Central America Caribbean » Nicaragua
December 1st 2010
Published: December 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our View from the Room at PopoyoOur View from the Room at PopoyoOur View from the Room at Popoyo

$6 a night accomodation
Hey guys in the UK, shame about the snow aye?
So much has happened since the last blog so this will be a Nicaragua section.

At our first hostel (in San Juan Del Sur) we met a new traveler who wanted to join us....Tal. He was a quiet and very friendly Israeli. Here we happened to arrive at the same time as the central american surf championships so had a few really good nights out! After a few days of surf we moved North to a point called Popoyo. This was in the middle of nowhere so we knew getting there would not be quick. The final bus to the closest village to popoyo was 2hrs long. Again it was an ex american school bus filled to the brim with people, chickens, fish and god knows what else. Standing on the bus i see jonny and make a joke about how we would probably be better off on the roof with our surfboards. I then have to shimmy down the the bus due to another load of locals squeezing on, so i lose sight of jonny. Obviously i should be careful of what i wish for, because the next time I see jonny were are we?? on the roof, with the boards, and the fish, and about 8 other locals! The bus assistant sticks his head up and signals to look forward, as I say to jake "i think we should be watching out for something" the guys at the front of the bus duck and weave and jake gets hit by a series of branches! I duck under my bag laughing and managed to escape unscaved. Jonny however, was minus a hat.

Popoyo was an amazing surf beach. It resembled a skate park with its variety of waves, but it was time to move on. We also bumped into Dean, the Kiwi we met in Costa Rica and swapped stories (he won as everything other than his passport and debit card had been stolen)
Tal was still friendly and QUIET at this time.

At our next destination, Leon, something happened to Tal. He exploded into an unstopable party animal who stopped to talk to everyone! Within 15minutes he was having free shots behind the bar and serving customers....we took full advantage. We convinced him to join in with "Movember" but after 2 days he shaved it off saying "I look like an Afganistan".....so the genius nickname "Tal-iban" was born! Plus, anytime we give him banter for it, it is refered to as "Tali-banter"! Ill take credit for this one, thanks. Here was where we did our Volcano Boarding!!! I dont know how to describe this? Look at the pictures! Plus I hit 72kph so got a free drink of each of the boys...boom!
Unfortunatley a girl fell off quite badly and hurt her back. It took us a few hours to strap her onto a board and get her in a 4x4 to hospital (earning us many free drinks at the hostel that night!!) Luckily the next day she was out of hospital and Ok.

VAMOS A EL SALVADORE!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Tal the chefTal the chef
Tal the chef

Tal cooked us an amazing Israeli dish "Shakshuka"
72kph...easy!72kph...easy!
72kph...easy!

It took only a few seconds to get to the bus thats right at the bottom...
James Bond?James Bond?
James Bond?

I felt stupid after this photo when the boys broke the news to me that this actually wasnt the real Pierce Brosnan, good sales strategy though


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb