Back to good weather at Nicaragua!


Advertisement
Nicaragua's flag
Central America Caribbean » Nicaragua
December 13th 2008
Published: January 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Uhuuuu! After almost 2 months in Utila with rain, we arrived at Nicaragua with awsome weather! Leaving Utila itsef wasn't easy, we left a lot of good friends there, specially jonathan, the Irish guy who was travelling with us since Mexico... But OK, our (now just me and Phillip, the french canadian) first stop in Nicaragua was Leon, a really nice colonial city where we could check the churches there, eat delicious local food on the local market and do the Volcano Boarding tour, that was AMAZING! It was a little bit expensive, something like 20 Us dolars but worth it 100%!,(MISSING) we went to the Cerro Negro Volcano, checked the crater, then we got the borads and boarded down it, was really fast and at the end i was completely covered by rocks, especially because I crashed 2 times!!! Really funny!
From there we headed to Granada, a really beatifull city, pretty colonial buildings, good night life, nice local people, really nice... We stayed on the most beatiful hostel I've been so far, Oasis Hostel, really cool, well decorated and better - free daily 10 min call to anywhere in the world!!! So I called home almost everyday, really nice!
From there we decided to move to San Juan del Sur, a beach village close from the border from Costa Rica to get some surf and from there head to the Ometepe Lake... But after 3 days we decided to skip the Lake and just stay on the village surfing, 'cause we're getting better on the surf... I decided also to buy a surf board to save some money renting and getting better on my surf!!! The village itself doesn't have good waves but it's really close from some nice beaches with good breaks (Playa maderas, Playa Remanso), so we got daily shuttles to there, surfed the whole day and then came back to the village to party... really nice!
And then, after 1 week in San Juan and 1 day before our stamp expire we left the village heading to the next country... Costa Rica!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Gallo PintoGallo Pinto
Gallo Pinto

Typical traditional breakfast in Nicaragua


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb