San Juan Del Sur


Advertisement

Just a quick day trip to this tourist surf town. Dain and I walked up to a surf shop without researching, and they gave us 15 minutes to grab our day bags, order a sandwich and catch a ride in the back of a pick-up truck to the beach. It started raining on the 30 minute, bumpy ride to the beach, and continued the entire lesson. We arrived at high tide and waited for about 2 hours before heading out into the surf. I had some time to play around with photographing the Pacific beach setting during rainy season.

Local surfers helped us beginners catch waves and tell us when to stand up. Everyone got to stand-up, and cheer, in our group of 8 and we all fought against the strong current for close to 2 hours. Some members of the group continued to surf on their own well after the lesson ended. I was tired and ready to head back after the lesson. Surfing is exhausting, and I really want to get better at it!!

Not all surf days include the bright neon colors, the soft golden yellow sand under a scorching sun. These guys are out here in the rocks and rain training every day. Two of the helpers were competing in an upcoming international competition in Costa Rica. Best of luck to the 14 and 17 year old looking for exposure and experience! Despite the weather, it was a great day with my husband and a fun crew from Great Britain.

(PS The peeps from GB asked us about the presidential election with trepidation: " So, is....Trump....real?" Ha ha ha ha, yes, it's really real and everything that comes with him, frightful, I know).


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb