Nicaragua is great!


Advertisement
Published: January 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sunset in San Juan del SurSunset in San Juan del SurSunset in San Juan del Sur

So many different colors...
Hello Everyone,
We are in San Juan del Sur right now which is a small beach town on the pacific coast of Nicaragua. We are having a great time and were supposed to leave today but decided to stay because we canĀ“t bring ourselves to leave. Hopefully we will be able to move on tomorrow because we are running out of time and want to see as much as we can. Lucas and our friend Scott have been surfing everyday on a local beach called Maderas while Lindsay sits on the beach and counts the grains of sand. The beach is extremely beautiful and it is very isolated and hard to get to. We have to ride for about 45mins in a truck bed that is jam packed with other people. Every now and then the truck has to stop in the middle of the dirt road because either it broke down or there is a cow in the way. The locals of Nicaragua are very nice people and we have enjoyed hanging out with them. Next, we are planning to go to the Island of Ometepe and hike one of the two volcanoes. The island is in the middle of Lake Nicaragua which is the biggest lake we have ever seen (it actually has waves and supposedly sharks). Before we left Granada, we went kayaking in Lake Nicaragua with Scott and it was very really fun. Our kayaks did not have holes for the water to go out of the bottom, so we were basically paddling around the lake in a bath tub. We also climbed a bell tower in a church and the stairs to get there were really narrow and scary. We were convinced that is where they must have filmed the movie Vertigo. Last night we went out onto the beach of san jaun and watched the sunset. It had amazing colors because the ocean and lake Nicaragua reflect off each other into the sky during the sunset. The sky was actually purple at one point, it was really cool. Well that is all we have to report for now. We hope that everyone is not too upset that they are back at work or school. We have posted pictures of Granada and San Juan del Sur.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Maderas beachMaderas beach
Maderas beach

Lucas enjoys a book with his new friend. (this kitten eats tortilla chips and geckos)
Rivas bus termnialRivas bus termnial
Rivas bus termnial

Lucas and Scott doing a really bad beer ad.
Those two little muffin thieves.Those two little muffin thieves.
Those two little muffin thieves.

We are pretty sure this is one of the few pictures that have been taken of these two. After Lindsay took the picture they kept following her around like she was their new best friend.
Lake NicaraguaLake Nicaragua
Lake Nicaragua

Yes, this is a lake.
GranadaGranada
Granada

busy streets of Granada
GranadaGranada
Granada

This how the locals get around in Granada, it is much cheaper than a taxi.
GranadaGranada
Granada

Lindsay is pretty much vertigo in the bell tower.
GranadaGranada
Granada

MC Escher... anybody???


11th January 2007

random notes from a dazed and overwhelmed person
I didn't recognize Lucas at first with the kitten! It snowed today, Lincoln had a late start, yippeeeee! Chad comes home from school everyday and reads me his writing homework, I live with a genius! Can sharks live in an enclosed body of water? Have fun and enjoy every day!!!
11th January 2007

yadda yadda yadda
I only groove to DJ TANNER, MC ESCHER was so last year
11th January 2007

vsdhyte
I thought maybe I was the only person on the planet that has seen vertigo. Wait, why the hell did I watch that movie? was I with you two?
12th January 2007

Hi
I'm glad you two are going to that island, my customer will be so excited to hear that. Lindsay I had some chocolate cake tonight and thought of you. I started winter term this week and I currently have Bronchitis and Walking Pnemonia. (I think that's how you spell those words.) It's been a fun way to start the new term off. Chris and Brian arrive tonight, I'll give them a hug from you. I can't wait until you get back in a month. Hope the rest of your trip is the best part of the trip.
12th January 2007

awesome
12th January 2007

Misc.
Agree, really nice photos. In fact, the beach pictures you've been sending back are so enchanting that I am considering buying oceanfront property in Nicaragua. Looking at a place for 10,000,000,000 Cordoba. Is that a lot?? By the way, is Lucas reading in Spanish or English? Also, tips for stretching out the last few days, or in your case weeks, of a vacation... 1. Reverse the space-time continuum; 2. Hold your breath; 3. Walk really slowly; 4. Go back to where you started; 5. Listen to lots of classical music; and 6. Start planning your next trip. Have fun and stay safe. Bye bye

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb