Playa Majagual


Advertisement
Published: November 17th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Our second day without going anywhere in Gertie (the car). We'd been told that the beach to the south of us, Maderas, was a good surfing beach, and easy to walk to along the shore as long as the tide was low. It looked like late afternoon would be a good time to go, so in the morning we went to the closest beach. We got some boogie boards from the caretaker, but it wasn't really my thing. Waves are beautiful to watch, but I don't like being pummeled by them!

In the afternoon, we walked over to Maderas. The shore was really pretty, lots of flat rock slabs, and tons of smooth stones, shells and driftwood. When we got over to Maderas beach, the waves weren't very high, so there was no one in surfing, but there were a few restaurants along the beach. We decided we'd stop at one for a drink, then headed back to the beachhouse.

We tried out another nearby restaurant for dinner. That one had lobster on the menu, but unfortunately they were out, so we made plans to return back to them on Wednesday.

When we got back to the beachhouse, we did some research for our next day plans. We wanted to go over to Isla de Ometepe, and we had decided we'd spend a night, so that it wouldn't be quite so short of a visit, and to cut out some of the driving. We found a place to stay, and had them make reservations to ship our car over on the ferry with us. We'll be leaving first thing in the morning- it's about an hour drive to the ferry dock according to Mabel (google maps), but we now know better than to trust her time estimates, so we're giving ourselves closer to 2 hours, and then we read that we need to be there an hour early, and have a spot on the 10:30 ferry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb