san salvador to nicaragua granada


Advertisement
Published: December 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

after spending a day in san salvador i was more than ready to leave. we stayed at the tica bus hotel cause it was the most convinient place cause we had to take a bus at 5am. we walked around and the smog in the center city is brutal. we walked around the the market and i was getting queezy by all the exhaust fumes everywhere. we went back to the hotel and decided to venture out for dinner. we found a pizza hut and ate then headed right back to the hotel to get an early night sleep so we can be up at 4am. we got up and made our way to the bus stationand got aboared our longest bus ride yet.luckily i had some melatonin and me and mike took some and i passed out for 3 hours and then was in and out of sleep afterwards. the tica bus was very nice but fucking cold as hell so i took out my fleece jacket. we make it to the honduras border then onto the nicaraguan border where we had to get off the bus with our bags so they could check them. i opened up my bag he looked inside at the mess and just waved me thru. we finally arrived at managua and were trying to figure out where and how we are gonna get our bus to granada. we met a dutch couple who were on our same bus and decided to share a cab to la uca where we could grab aa bus to granada. we got there and it was chaos we jumped in a bus and in all the hullabaloo i lost my fleece jacket and new sunglasses. now, this was the bus ride from hell me and mike didnt even have seats. we sat behind the driver and in front of the front seat.at one point i counted 26 people on this bus. a bus that should hold about 13. we finaly arrived and started looking for the bearded monkey hostel. we arrived got a bear ordered out first meal of the day and chilled for the night. the next day we went walking around. walked down to the lake nicaragua and then to the park. we got some wash done and went to the market and then went back to the hostel for the rest of the night. today we leave for the monkey hut on some lake in a volcano. it should be interesting. its also a holiday today so we will see how it goes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb