Onward to Ometepe


Advertisement
Published: August 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After a delicious waffle in Kathy's famous waffle house we climbed the spiral steps up the church tower to get some amazing views of Grenada before we set off. Scotty couldn't resist buying a hammock seat in a handmade hammock shop which takes in men and women who have been in trouble with drugs and alcohol and give them jobs. Now when we search for a house the criteria will have to include a beam suitable to hang it from!

The travelling wasn't too bad, we stood for an hour and a half on a chicken bus then got off at a very chaotic market before heading to the ferry to Ometepe. This is where we stay with local families and our hostess' name is Susana and she lives with her husband and grandson who instantly started playing with Scott. The communal area is stunning and we watched the sunset over the lake before enjoying one of the best meals we've had cooked by the home stay mothers.

Scott has bravely signed up for a volcano hike leaving at 6am tomorrow and advised Annie to go to the beach which she agreed to knowing she'd slow the hike down!

For a 'basic' trip we have experienced a lot of paradise and some luxury along the way. We have one week left of the tour then a couple of days before flying home. It is speeding away!

Buenos noches!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



5th August 2015

Granada
Hey guys looks like your having the most amazing time xx I meant to say that my uncle was in Granada for a couple of years, he took his boat there and they were chartering trips around the island but that was about 20 years ago. It is meant to be very beautiful xx

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb