Nicaragua continued


Advertisement
Published: April 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It would be fair to intepret the relative lack of entries to a general slackening of adventure and pace on the trip. This is not entirely fair. Yes the high speed chase, blackmarket car deal portion of the trip appears to be behind us. I will catch you up on our progress. After Granada and her majestic cockfights we hopped a bus, and a boat to Isla de Ometepe, a huge island in the shark filled waters of Lake Nicaragua. The island is dominated by two huge volcanoes and looks like it belongs in a fantasy novel. On a great tip we stayed at an ecological farm called Zopolate. It was cheap, had that good hippie vibe and they baked fresh bread and pzza all day. We climbed the lesser of the two volcanoes but it was more than we needed. At the tope you descend into the crater where there is a lake and it is mesmerizing. A few nights of drinking and engaging in a philosophic discussion on the merits of hippiedom we took off for the Pacific coast and San Jaun Del Sur. Myself, Barton, the tree planters and a frecnh canadian girl we picke dup on the isle all rented a house with a private beach and have been swimming, surfing, spearifshing, and cooking and drinking ever since. Tommorow its on to Costa Rica for me and Barton where we will meet up with the lovely Ms. Foss and Johnny...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb