El Rama


Advertisement
Published: February 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

From San Carlos there is 1 bus a day from the bus station to El Rama at 9am. Arrive early to buy a ticket to guarantee a seat, the number on your ticket is your seat number. The bus arrives at 8:30am and get on quick to put your bag up top else it will o on the roof or under your feet. C$150 for 6 1/2 hour journey.

The bus station in El Rama is in the market. Once off the bus go right and turn left by Hotel Viajar to get to the port to go to Bluefields.

When we arrived at 3:30pm the last panga had already left so we bought tickets for the 5am one the next day for $10 each.



Where We Stayed

Hospedaje Gonzales - C$150 for a double room with bathroom. Just next to the port. No sinks in the bathroom, just a bucket and scoop. Toilets flush and it was cheap. It rained during the night and water came in to our room through the wall and my bag got wet.



What We Did

Not much!



Where We Ate

We got a massive plate of chicken, rice, beans etc from around the market for C$80.

There are cheap places to drink all around town but we couldn't find anyone selling litre bottles.



Where We Went Next

We caught the panga to Bluefields. It was due to leave at 5am however actually left at 6am. There are a series of boats leaving at the same time. Boarding is split into 2 queues for the 2 different companies and boarded in order of the number written on your ticket. It is a bit unorganised. Trip takes a couple of hours.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.354s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb