Little Corn Island


Advertisement
Published: March 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

The panga drops you off at the docks on the West of the island. Once you get off the boat people from different hostels meet you or there are signs to hostels in the village.



Where We Stayed

3 Brothers in the village - $15 for a double room with shared bathroom. 2 kitchens and laundry sink.



What We Did

Walked around the island. The nicest beach is at the North of the island. Turn right at the school in the village and keep walking. You can walk from there all the way around to the hostels on the East beach. There are some small beaches just South of Casa Iguana which you can visit.



Where We Ate

The restaurants on the island all sell dinner for about C$200 each so we cooked mostly.

Beers range from C$25 - C$50 for a small bottle.

We drank the water in 3 brothers and were fine.



Where We Went Next

There are pangas back to Big Corn Island at 6:30am or 1:30pm. Cost is $6 plus a C$5 charge for departure. You can buy tickets at window or some people bought them on the boat (just have the exact money).

We travelled back to Bluefields on the Captain D. We caught it on Saturday 8th March and it was on its way back from Bilwi. No-one seemed to know the time that it would arrive in Big Corn, we were told between 5pm and the next morning. The boat actually arrived at 5:30pm. Once the boat has arrived tickets go on sale and you need a ticket before you can get on the boat. To buy a ticket bring your passport to the Fisher Hotel, the yellow hotel next to the port. They use a window there to sell tickets. Cost is $10 and C$50 for a bed. Once your ticket is bought go on board to claim your bed and you can leave your backpack on the bed and get back off the boat. The boat left Big Corn about 1:30am.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb