Arriving in Managua


Advertisement
Published: February 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

We arrived late in the evening and had prebooked (and prepaid) for an airport pick up through Managua Backpackers Inn ($20 for 2 people). Once through immigration ($10 for a 90 day visa) and a quick bag scan we were met by the driver holding a sign with our names on. He dropped us outside the hostel.



Where We Stayed

We stayed at Managua Backpackers Inn $10 for a dorm bed. The hostel has a kitchen, small restaurant for breakfast and a pool. Free water refils are available. The backpackers is near a shopping mall and supermarket.



What We Did

We visited Parque Historico Nacional Loma de Tiscapa a crater lake with city views. To get there walk from the hostel to the main road, walk past the shopping mall and continue for about 30mins. The entrance is between the Crown Plaza and a military base. $1 entrance fee.



Where We Ate

The hostel has a kitchen and the supermarket is nearby (walk to the main road the shopping mall is to the right and the supermarket is to the left).

On the road to the supermarket in the evening carts set up selling burritos and hamburgers.



Where We Went Next

We went to Leon on a minibus from UCA. To get there from the hostel walk to the main road, turn right and walk past the shopping mall. At the big roundabout turn left. It takes about 15mins and you will be greeted by guys yelling destinations. The buses leave when full and cost C$51 each.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb