st annes martinique


Advertisement
Martinique's flag
Central America Caribbean » Martinique » Marin
January 15th 2009
Published: January 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Windscreens get mended, cars get taken back and baguettes get bought for lunch.
The windscreen is all repaired and hopefully will do us until we get a new one. It was tense to do the work but Alan was good as ever and now we think it will do the job. We are off to St lucia tomorrow, we came down here to st annes yesterday and anchored off the sandy beach just in time for a swim. Later we went ashore to the little village of st annes, a small centre with a square, a church, a few restaurants, couple of supermarkets and best of all between two houses two ladies cooking and selling accras, like cod balls, very tasty. 10 accras and two glasses of planteurs, french rum punch for 10 euros. very nice. It was great to sit there in the darkness, listening to the frogs squeaking, and the wind lapping the sea. as we decided to go home a huge squall came through, flooding the road in front of us (luckily we were standing in the entrance to the supermarket) and the wind blowing gusts of rain down across the streets. It still amazes me how powerful these shortlived squalls are. The wind feels like it is about to reach gale force and then suddenly, as quickly as they have begun, they stop. Quietness, calm and clean streets, happy frogs.
We have been for a snorkel today on the reef, it was some quite attractive coral, a bit too rough for dinghy diving. Alan went up to lemarin in the dinghy to check out as we are off to st lucia tomorrow,. there is apparently a tropical wave coming which will bring strong winds later on. hope its not too rough tomorrow, sitll its only 25miles. More later, hope you are ll ok and thanks for your messages and comments.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb