My first Carribean trip to Jamaica


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica » Ocho Rios
December 21st 2002
Published: January 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Robin and Alice in Jamaica 12-2002Robin and Alice in Jamaica 12-2002Robin and Alice in Jamaica 12-2002

Robin and Alice in Margarittaville. This place is something everyone must do.
This was my very first trip to Jamaica and boy was I in heaven! My now husband, then fiance' took me to Jamaica to join he and his brother Mark as well as his girlfriend, now wife in Jamaica for some pure relaxation and some great fun. My husband hired a travel agent who booked our flight on Delta Airlines from Kansas City to Atlanta...and Atlanta to Montego Bay Jamaica. The flight went well and as soon as we landed, someone grabbed our bags without permission. I told my husband that someone was stealing our bags so my husband (who is 6'0" and very much in shape) asked the Jamaican native what he was doing. The resident stated he was helping us by taking our bags to the shuttle. My husband then stated to him that he would need to ask first because he was going to get a good ole' butt beating! As we made our way to the Sandals shuttle we were escorted to the Sandals lounge where you could get complimentary beverages while they waited on other passengers...please know that your wait may be as long as 30 minutes, but who cares when you are on vacation!

As we took our seats on the bus we begin our journey to the city of Ochio Rios. I then ask the driver...how long is our drive to Sandals in Ocio Rios? The driver said 1 1/2 hours. Wow! But that's OK because I am on vacation! I must say this was the most exciting shuttle ride I have ever had to endure. We made 2 stops...one for Red Stripe...and one for Jerk Chicken. The most challenging was the drive at night.

When we arrived at the Sandals Resort we were greeted with the utmost hospitality. The staff was wonderful! The first thing they did when we arrived was offered champagne and told us that they did not want us to touch our bags because we were on vacation and they wanted us to feel that way the entire time. They also stated that if we were interested, they would supply a tour in the morning at 9:00am. Let's just say we never made the tour because we were on vacation...Right? No one tours on vacation...

We stayed 8 days and 7 nights and it was fabulous! This resort is highly recommended! It's 4.5 star resort and if anyone can catch them at the right time, one can find a deal. This is an adult only all inclusive resort. They have 5 restaurants(at least when we were there). Also, are 3 enormous hot tubs that overlook the ocean...talk about paradise! This resort also has the theme of Italy which is Awesome. The restaurants were fabulous...yes every one of them! There is one night club and several bars. with entertainment The waterfall is so romantic and there was dinner on the beach one night as well. The piano room is great for late night folks and there's tons of excitement for everyone.

Be careful of the Rum Punch because it will sneak up on you, but very good. The rum selections are very nice so whatever you order will be a drink you have never had before. The jerk chicken is fabulous and don't forget to check our the Jamaican Japanese Restaurant...yes Jamaican Japanese, but you will need to make a reservation in order to visit. If you and your significant other are looking to have a wonderful time in upscale resort...try Sandals! You will love
it!

I would like to commend Andre who is the piano player and Letty who was our server. You both were awesome!

Thank you so much!

Advertisement



13th January 2011

Dunns River Falls
To complete the Dunns River Waterfalls is a must. Everyone in the family can enjoy this excursion.

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb