Jamaica - a disappointment


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica » Ocho Rios
February 24th 2020
Published: February 24th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Jamaica, Ocho Rios Blog 2nd February 2020




So much potential but a poor choice of city for the visit. A Sunday as well.


Jamaica, a Caribbean island nation, has a lush topography of mountains, rainforests and reef-lined beaches. Many of its all-inclusive resorts are clustered in Montego Bay, with its British-colonial architecture, and Negril, known for its diving and snorkeling sites. Jamaica is famed as the birthplace of reggae music, and its capital Kingston is home to the Bob Marley Museum, dedicated to the famous singer.Kingston is also site of the Hope Botanical Gardens and Zoo, showcasing native plants and animals. The city's restaurants offer island specialties such as curry goat and jerk chicken, as well as raucous nightclubs mixing rum cocktails. Looming over the city are the misty Blue Mountains, with hiking trails, panoramic views and coffee plantations. Ocho Rios, a popular cruise-ship stop, offers bobsledding down Mystic Mountain and climbing up rocky Dunn’s River Falls. Snorkeling, reef diving, sailing and golf are popular all over the island.

Too far from Kingston and the Bob Marley museum


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb